Share your meal with your pooch
As pet parents we all know the very familiar look on our pooch’s face as we get down to eat. The anticipation of getting some food dropped from the table or even blatant begging by some can leave us feeling bad to deny them. Did you know that there are several human food not only fit to share with your dog but actually good for their health too. So there is no more feeling guilty of either saying no to his begging for your food or feeding him with a thought of side effects and future repercussions. Let us know which food items are best to share with your dog.
- Pasta and rice- Perfectly cooked pasta and rice can be freely shared with your fur friend provided it is not loaded with rich sauces. Whole grains are healthy for your dog and rich in nutritional value; so share it with them and enjoy the bonding over a common meal.
- Vegetables- Just like veggies are good for you, so are they for your pooch. They are loaded with vitamins and fiber which is good for the gut health of your dog. You can give him grated or pureed carrots, cucumber, lettuce, bell peppers, zucchini, celery and corn. So the next time you decide to have a bowl of salad for a meal, you can share the same with your dog. Some veggies like beans, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach and asparagus can be steamed and served to your dog as they are not fit to be eaten raw.
- Fruit- Excluding grapes and raisins almost all other fruit is fit to be shared with your dog. He is surely going to relish bananas, apples, watermelon, berries of all kinds, oranges when given to him fresh and peeled. While feeding these, ensure with care that there are no seeds remaining in it as they might ingest it if not removed.
- Popcorn and pretzels- Provided that these are unsalted and unbuttered they are a fine snack for dogs. Popcorns are great source of protein and fiber and should be given if your dog is showing signs of constipated bowels.
- Ice-pops- With summers looking like a never ending season, you must be treating yourself to an ice cream every now and then. Are you getting those looks from your pooch showing hurt at not being given one to them? Well, you can’t share yours with him but you can definitely make one for him which is not bad for his health. Freeze pureed veggies or apple sauce with some peanut butter and/or bananas and you have a Popsicle ready for your dear friend.
The next time your dog goes into your meal- begging- frame, you know what to feed him. Share your meals with your friend and love the affection you get from him for bowing to his requests. For dog food and dog treats, Waggfluence has the best and the yummiest supplies.